A great way to kick off the New Years !
A new web tool has been designed to help Americans make healthy food and physical activity choices. Agriculture Secretary, Tom Vilsack, released USDA’s new nutrition SuperTracker. This is available at http://www.choosemyplate.gov to help individuals make healthy lifestyle changes as well as reduce their chances of developing chronic diseases. Individuals can access this tool at anytime and can use a variety of features to help achieve their goals. Here are some facts of what the SuperTracker helps you with.
- Personalize recommendations for what and how much to eat and amount of physical activity.
- Track foods and physical activity from an expanded database of foods and physical activities.
- Customize features such as goal setting, virtual coaching, weight tracking, and journaling.
- Measure progress with comprehensive reports ranging from a simple meal summary to in-depth analysis of food groups and nutrient intake over time.
- Operationalize the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines.
- Support family and friends by adding their individual profiles.
Click here to access the SuperTracker. It’s an easy and effective way to keep yourself on track and in shape!
Check out the entire Press Release here: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/newsroom/ST/SuperTrackerPressRelease.pdf