- Remember: Healthy foods don’t stay fresh for long– if it can be left out on the counter for long periods of time and it doesn’t go bad then it probably isn’t very healthy.
- Shop the Grocery Store’s “Perimeter” for the Healthiest Choices
- Check Food Labels for Fiber
- Look for Products Without Added Salt
- Use Herbs
- Choose Quality Over Quantity
- Trans fats are not healthy, but there are also other fats to avoid like partially hydrogenated and hydrogenated fats
- Adding sugar adds calories without nutritional value
- Look for Healthy Protein Substitutes — not just meat!
- Healthy recipes and healthy cooking can be fun, experiment with new foods!
These are all very helpful tips found by Ann-Marie Hedberg, MS, RD. For more information visit: http://www.ardmoreite.com/news/x1266607297/Healthy-Minute-10-things-every-foodie-should-know?zc_p=0