Looking for a little more energy during the day? Well, the foods you’re eating may have an influence on how you are feeling! Try these foods for more energy:
- Melons–such as cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon
- Icelandic yogurt–also known as skyr
- Polenta–Made from cornmeal; lots of complex carbs!
- Farmers cheese–protein-rich foods can help you stay awake and alert
- Walnuts– contain melatonin
- Coffee– studies show that coffee can help reduce your risk of depression
- Green tea–It’s rich in L-theanine, an amino acid that makes you feel alert
- Crab– It’s packed with vitamin B12, which balances mood and fights fatigue
- Brown rice– top source of magnesium and great source of complex carbs!
- Edamame– fiber and healthy fat
- Whole grain cereal and low fat milk