A high-fiber diet may help reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes. Women should try to eat at least 21 to 25 grams of fiber a day, while men should aim for 30 to 38 grams a day. Looking for some high fiber foods? Here are some good sources..
- Nuts– 1/4 cup almonds has 4 grams of fiber
- Frozen peas
- Chia seeds– Full of soluble and insoluble fiber, 1 tbsp. has about 6 grams of fiber!
- Onions– Full of Inulin to help lower cholesterol
- Bulgur– 8 grams of fiber per cup
- Kiwis– 2 grams of fiber
- Apples– About 4 grams of fiber
For more information: