Simple strategies to stay healthy during the summer..
- Eat Breakfast: eating breakfast has been shown to help minimize impulsive, unplanned snacking during the day. Examples: Greek Yogurt, berries, and whole grain cereal. A whole wheat English Muffin, melted reduced fat cheese and a piece of fruit.
- Include protein in your meals and snacks: Protein will have the most dramatic effect on satiety or that feeling of fullness.
- Eat salad before your dinner: Consuming a large, high volume, low calorie salad before a meal can reduce the calories eaten at that meal by over 10-percent.
- Add fruits or vegetables to all your meals: They will fill you up!
- Add healthy fats to your meals and snacks: Fat slows the movement of food out of the stomach into the intestines so it will also prolong satiety.