Labor day weekend is a time to celebrate with friends and family and especially for most people, food. Pay attention to the food you are eating in order to stay healthy during this time. Here are some quick tips to keep in mind found on healthland.time.com!
Some creative healthy options:
- Strawberries and cream: 1 cup sliced strawberries (8 medium berries) with 2 Tbsp low fat whipped topping (100 calories).
- Baked peaches: Cut a medium size peach in half and scoop a small circle in the middle. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. When cooled, fill middle with ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese (120 calories).
- Drink enough water. Stay hydrated when you’re in the sun!
- Veggies such as asparagus, zucchini, corn, peppers, onions, and portobello mushrooms are great grilling choices
- If you want meat-based protein, choose leaner ones like chicken breast, bison burgers, salmon, tuna, or shrimp as alternatives to meats
Eating every three hours will keep you satisfied throughout the day so you won’t get hungry and make poor food choices later.