Autumn Fruit Salad
Ingredients: Makes 6-8 servings
2 1/2 cups seedless grapes
2 apples, cored and chopped
1 banana, peeled and sliced
2 cups chopped pears
1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon apple cider or juice
1/2 cup almond slivers (optional)
1. Cut grapes in half.
2. Combine grapes, apples, banana and pears in a medium bowl.
3. In a small bowl, mix yogurt with cinnamon and apple cider or juice.
4. Pour yogurt mixture and almonds over fruit, and mix.
5. Chill and serve.
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts: Serving size 1/6 of recipe
Calories from fat: 90
Total fat: 10g 16%
Saturated fat: 1g 6%
Cholesterol: less than 5mg 1%
Sodium: 30 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate: 34g 14%
Dietary Fiber: 6g 26%
Vitamin A: 2% Vitamin C: 25% Calcium: 15% Iron: 8%
Percent (%) Daily Value:
5% or less is LOW
20% or more is HIGH
Quick tips of using grapes in your food:
- Freeze them to make a cool snack!
- Serve them with cheese and crackers
- Add grapes to all types of salads
- Remember to rinse before using!
For more information and another recipe to incorporate grapes into your diet, visit: http://www.jsyfruitveggies.org/download.cfm/grapes.pdf?AssetID=95