Looking for ways to make your workout last longer? Here are some 10 foods that may help you…
- A cup of coffee: Research shows the caffeine in coffee can enhance physical endurance and stamina! Have it iced or hot. If you’re not crazy about coffee.. tea works just as fine!
- Ginger: Consuming half a teaspoon of the raw root or ground herb lessened next-day muscle soreness by 25 percent in one study, likely because ginger contains pungent pain-relieving chemicals such as gingerol, shogaol, and zingerone.
- Apples: This fruit is bursting with a substance called quercetin, which can improve energy metabolism to increase endurance.
- Tomato Juice: A study showed drinking five ounces of tomato juice for five weeks reduced free-radical damage. Lycopene is found in this drink which is an antioxidant that soaks up tissue-damaging compounds.
- Leafy greens: The veggies pack a number of nutrients such as beta carotene and vitamin E to flush waste out of muscles and speed up repair!
- Raisins: The dried fruit can give your body the carbs it craves to keep energy-revving blood sugar levels up.
- Bananas: This fruit contains easy-to-digest carbs; vitamin B6, which is key in converting fuel into energy during exercise; and potassium to prevent muscle cramps
- Greek Yogurt: On days when your muscles ache, try this yogurt! It packs twice the protein of regular yogurt
For more information: http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/10-new-foods-power-your-workout?page=10