- Bread and rolls: One piece of bread can have more than 230 milligrams of sodium, which accounts for 15% of the recommended daily amount.
- Cold cuts and cured meats: can hold up to 1,050 milligrams of sodium, and it is added to most cooked meats to keep them from spoiling.
- Pizza: around 760 milligrams per slice
- Poultry: The best option is to stick with grilled, lean, skinless chicken
- Soup: can contain up to 940 milligrams per serving
- Sandwiches: could have as much as 1,500 milligrams of sodium depending on what you have on it
*Too much sodium can result in puffiness of the face, eye bags, and swelling of the fingers.
For more information: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/252566.php