- Go light on the dressings, gravies, sauces etc. They can be loaded with fat, sugars, calories and tons of sodium. The smaller amount, the better!
- Remove the skin: the skin contains extra calories and fat – and is usually coated in butter. Remove as much as possible!
- Eat before going to your big dinner: A healthy lunch before a big dinner will help you eat less!
- Drink water: It helps you feel full through the day and will help boost your metabolism
- Be happy and talk with your friends and family on this day rather than focusing on the food. If you indulge, don’t feel guilty about it. Tomorrow is a new day and Thanksgiving only comes around one time a year. However, don’t just say you will change tomorrow– you have to actually do it!