Healthy, Fall foods can provide a boost to our immune systems to prepare us for the cold season. Here are some Fall favorites full of antioxidants and other great nutrients!
- Pomegranates – Pomegranates are high in antioxidants, vitamin C and folic acid, a B vitamin.
- Dates – Naturally sweet, dates contain tannins, which are antioxidants that help prevent illness, as well as potassium, magnesium and copper.
- Apples – high in fiber and contains the active ingredient quercetin, a natural antihistamine to combat seasonal allergies and clear up colds.
- Pears – Great source of fiber
- Acorn squash – Excellent source of Vitamin A
- Brussels sprouts – Great source of Vitamin K and folate
- Kale – Full of natural flavonoids that help protect against several types of cancers.
- Kiwi -High in Vitamin C
- Pumpkin – Rich in vitamin A, beta-carotene and vitamin E
Photo credit: www.health.com
To find simple, healthy recipes to go along with these foods, please visit: http://www.patriotledger.com/topstories/x2139010824/HEALTHY-EATING-Fall-harvest-of-plenty#ixzz2f5z4n8gy
Follow: @TauntonToGo on Twitter | TauntonToGo on Facebook
Thanks to Joan Endyke, who is a registered dietitian with a master’s degree in food and nutrition.