- Tomatoes are a fruit, not a vegetable.
- Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heart burn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
- An average strawberry has around 200 seeds!
- Dark green vegetables contain more vitamin C than light green vegetables.
- Because bananas are easy to digest and are very nutritious, they are one of the first fruits given to babies.
- An apple tree can produce up to 400 apples a year.
- A banana ripens quickly when you put it in a brown paper bag with an apple or a tomato.
- Dried fruits contain more calories than whole fruits since drying takes out the water.
- An avocado has more fat content than any other fruit.
- An average fruit is 1/4 only made of water.
- Bananas are great for athletic and fitness activity because they replenish necessary carbohydrates, glycogen and body fluids burned during exercise.
- One orange supplies a healthy dose of Vitamin C, which plays an important role in cancer prevention, healthy blood circulation and wound healing.
- Kiwis are packed with more vitamin C than an equivalent amount of orange.
- Nectarines are a great source for vitamin A and various phytochemicals that are good for your eyes and joints.
- Mangoes belong to the same family as the cashew and the pistachio nut.
What else do you know about fruits? Add to the list!!