Looking for a high fiber, protein filled snack? These homemade super-seedy granola bars are the perfect fit! These bars are filled with delicious peanut butter and super seeds! Make extra bars, freeze or refrigerate the rest for later! A fantastic grab and go snack.
Makes 16 bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line a 9 by 9 inch square pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap with enough overhang for easy removal
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk together peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract until very smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and using a wooden spoon, stir until evenly combined.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight. Gently lift the parchment paper to remove from pan and slice into 16 bars. Place in a freezer-safe bag to store in the fridge or freezer. Serves 16.
Nutrition Info: Serving 1 bar (45 grams) Calories: 209; Total fat: 13g; Sat fat: 2g; Sodium 77mg; Carbohydrate: 20g; Fiber: 3g; Sugars: 11g; Protein: 7g
Adapted from: Alexandra Caspero January/February 2016 Food and Nutrition Magazine