Looking for a delicious new dessert with added protein? This is a FANTASTIC dessert to sneak those beans in for kids and picky eaters! I have made these plenty of times and I have had such great feedback on how people don’t even taste or realize that the beans are in them! This is a gluten free recipe… and they’re definitely worth trying!
Makes 16 servings
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 pan. Place beans in food processor and process until mashed. Add eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, sugar and oil. Process until smooth. Pour into pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Info: Serving 1 brownie = 144 calories, 5g fat, 26g carbs, 3g fiber, 4g protein, 17g sugar, 150mg sodium