Chickpeas are boiled, mashed, and mixed with few ingredients to make hummus. Chickpeas’ fiber, protein, iron, and B vitamins make hummus a satisfying and nutritious dip! Hummus can serve as a dip or spread that is vegan-friendly, gluten-free and can be a common food for those with food allergies. Are you a fan of hummus? Try this amazing recipe!
Pomegranate hummus: Developed by Alex Caspero
- 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Place chickpeas, garlic cloves, tahini, salt, lemon, hot sauce, and 1 tablespoon of pomegranate juice in a food processor. Process until the hummus is pureed.
- Scoop the hummus into a bowl and top with 3 tablespoons of pomegranate juice. Using a knife, swirl in the juice.
- Top with pomegranate seeds.
Calories: 74; Total Fat: 5g; Sat. Fat: 1g; Chol.: 0mg; Sodium: 95mg; Carb: 6g; Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 1g; Protein: 2g; Potassium: 82mg; Phosphorus: 63mg
For more great Recipes visit Alex’s awesome website: http://delicious-knowledge.com/