According to Nicole Yorio Jurick from health.com, there are some foods that will help keep us feeling fuller for a successful weight loss.
- Baked Potato: Although sometimes baked potatoes are sometimes looked at as a “bad” food during weight loss, they are full of vitamins, fiber and other nutrients. They will fill you up with great energy.
- Eggs: this is one of a few foods that is a complete protein. About half of the protein is inside of the yolks, so it’s not always a good idea to throw away the yolks! Add some vegetables to your eggs and add extra fiber for just a few more calories!
- Bean soup: Soups have a high water content, which make you full faster. Broth-based bean soups are high in fiber and will have you feeling satisfied after consuming it. If you aren’t a fan of soup, add some beans to a salad!
- Greek yogurt: Consuming dairy proteins can increase satiety and keep blood sugar steady. Greek yogurt contains double the amount of protein and less sugar than regular yogurt.
- Apples: They contain pectin which naturally slows down digestion and promotes fullness.
- Popcorn: You can eat 3 cups of popcorn for the same amount of calories for a quarter cup of potato chips. Just make sure you are choosing a “smart” choice popcorn without the added butter to it.
- Oatmeal: Full of fiber and when cooked with skim milk or water, the oats thicken meaning you can last longer without eating.
- Smoothies: Watch out for fruit juices and flavored syrups which contain plenty of sugar and calories. Instead, opt for a smoothie with ice, skim milk or low fat yogurt, and fruit! Get creative!
Photo credit: http://www.grubgrade.com