Want to know some quick facts to burn fat?.. Here are a few.
- Green tea isn’t only known for its cancer fighting benefits, it may also help boost your metabolism! A study published in the December 1999 American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that those who drink green tea three times a day saw their metabolic rate increase about 4%. This could also mean that an extra 60 calories are burned a day equaling about 6 pounds a year lost!
- Weight training is also a great way to burn fat. A pound of muscle burns up to 9 times the calories of a pound of fat! Weight training also increases your resting metabolic rate.
- Eating iron is also important. If you don’t get enough of this mineral, your body can’t get enough oxygen to your cells, which results in a slower metabolism. Some foods that are rich in iron are lean meats, chicken, fortified cereals and nuts!
- Drink more water! A new German study has shown that when you drink 17 ounces of water within a certain amount of time, your metabolic rate shoots up by about 30%. By drinking 1.5 liters of water a day, you can burn an extra 17,400 calories a year which is about a 5 pound weight loss, just by drinking more water!
- Avoid alcohol as much as possible! Alcohol slows down your metabolism by depressing the central nervous system.
- Add high intensity moves to your workout! Studies show that high intensity interval training burns more fat than regular aerobic exercise.
- Say bye to stress! Learn to deal with stress and relax! When you are stressed, the hormone cortisol stimulates your appetite, slows down your metabolism and encourages fat storage! Find an activity that lowers your stress level such as yoga, listening to soothing music, take deep breaths, exercise! — and do it everyday!
- Do not skip breakfast! Almost 80% of people who successfully keep weight off have breakfast! Your metabolism slows as your sleeping and starts back up again once you eat again.
- Aim for 5 small meals a day rather than 3 large ones. Try not to go more than 4 hours without eating. Having snacks throughout the day will trick your body into thinking it is constantly eating so your metabolism won’t slow down.
Want more ideas? Visit this website!